150 years of Brenner Railway

150 years ago the "Brenner Railway", connecting the Austrian and Italian railways from Innsbruck to Verona, was opened.

The end of the construction works in 1867 heralded a new era for the city of Brixen and especially for its then-developing tourism. The lithographic print shown above by Gustav Täubert presents one of the earliest trains running in the Eisack Valley.

Back to list